Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Things I am thankful for:
Entry disclaimer: I am going to over use explanation points and write very cheesy things about the things on this list. Please bear with me!!!!!!

  1. My family- obviously I have to say this because you “have” to love your family. But, you know what? I actually like my family- which a person isn’t obligated to feel. All of them. Yep, I’m a lucky gal indeed! Here’s to spending plenty of QT with them in the next few days which we don’t get nearly enough of!


  2. My friends- We are all crazy in our own ways but I think that’s why it works. Something comes up in our lives and the troops march in- breakups, moving into new apartments, school, new jobs, insecurities, shopping “needs”, traveling adventures… the list goes on and on. I’m so thankful for each of them and I can’t wait to go through all the next steps of life with them- weddings, babies, whatever else comes with getting older!




  3. My puppy, Poot- He is always happy to see me and it totally makes my day. The cherry on top is that he happens to be the cutest puppy on the planet- lucky me! I sure hope there is a sig-o in the future I can say the same thing about ;)

  4. Love- On that note, I’d like to say that I feel pretty lucky for the people I have had the chance to be in love with so far in my life. It’s hard to understand why you have to lose the people you love. That they are supposed to love someone else and we are destined to find someone else, too. It’s a simple fact that is sometimes hard to accept because we are too stubborn to let go of something that does not belong to us anymore. You think that you’ll never love someone else as much as you loved them or that no one will love you as much as they did. I’m happy with where I am in my life, though. For now, I’m just a young, single lady, living in the big city, working that big girl job, learning things about my self I may not be able to if I was all locked into a relationship. I’m very thankful for the love I’ve had so far and I’m looking forward to what’s to come.

  5. My job- It’s almost been a year since I started and I’m just starting to understand the real world. I’m learning that hard work really does pay off, I’m lucky to have such a stable job and that when you take a loan out in school you really do have to pay it back- yuck! I’m also learning that just because I travel (A LOT) for my job doesn’t mean my social life/love life/friendships are on stand-by. The people who really want to hang out or get to know you can wait until you’re back to catch up (this one just starting clicking). Pretty awesome things happen when you learn to go with it! All that to say, I’m thankful for my tough job. (below- at my company's London office, oh la la)


  6. Blogging- This blog has been so much fun so far. And, (see why that's important above) you can blog from anywhere! I’m really thankful for my friend that inspired me to finally start writing- thanks B! Follow her here & here.

  7. My apartment- I am so lucky I get to live in this beautiful place! Great neighborhood, easy trolley access to work, super friendly neighbors with dogs that Poot can play with. I am thankful it is close to some great restaurants, bars and is safe (minus the little raccoon incident a couple of days ago). I love having people over and I finally feel like I’m settling into Dallas. Very thankful.

  8. Traveling- I’ve had the chance to travel to many amazing places and hope to have a life full of new places and experiences!


9. Learning- I know it’s nerdy, but I love to learn new things. I feel like I could stay in college forever. Actually scratch that, I am loving the fact I don’t have to worry about exams and papers. Good thing there is tons of stuff to learn after you graduate. I still want to learn Spanish, and maybe French, how to cook (well), how to start my own business, how to play chess, how to paint, play the piano, and more. I’m thankful for a lifetime of learning! (I told you this was going to be cheesy)




10. And, last but certainly not least: Stretchy pants by J. Crew. Eat up!




Happy Turkey day folks!
XOXO,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment