Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Apartment. New Canvas.

I'll be moving in two weeks and I'm sure everyone can agree that moving SUCKS. Even though I absolutely love my place now I am excited to deal with all the design challenges my new place will bring. So, I came across some pictures and I want to incorporate these design ideas. (The pictures aren't really cooperating and came out kind of small- just click to enlarge.) Let me know what you think!

1. Love the color of this chandelier!












2. A touch of pink, please.








3. Gorgeous wardrobe! I would put my most colorful dresses in here for display.













4. Love this orange couch- especially with the dramatic walls!













5. Gold details... yes.













6. Great patterns in blue.










7. This bed could be every little girls dream.










8. GREAT CLOSET: A. display of shoes B. pink chaise C. WITH drawers. I die.













9. Peach, black and white are making out all over this room. I dig it.













10. I won't have a fireplace in my new apartment but I just liked the look of this. I tend to hate animal print (so maybe this zebra bench will catch on fire) but the black walls make the fireplace pop and the mirror adds to this look without taking too much attention away. Love it.










11. I really like the pink and white stripes- it's really nautical without being too obvious. This balcony is calling me to come outside... coffee and a good book, I'm there.












12. These colors are so intense. I had a bedroom in college with walls a smidge darker than this- it took some getting use to but I loved it.














13. This couch pattern is beautiful and the coffee table is full of entertainment- candle, books, magazines and pink ash trays- yes.









14. The lamp is to die for and I love the pattern on the curtain and pillows. I'm not sure how I feel about that color green though. It may be too preppy for my taste, but overall I like this look.











15. Pretty Pink Power Room













16. Dramatic & Romantic. LOVE it.












I'm thinking about doing a little before and after shoot of the new place- could be fun. Maybe show what kind of design projects I'm working on... I'll keep you posted.

XOXO Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment