Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My bicyclette



I can’t help but to associate causal bike riding as an adult with beards and hand-me-down clothes. No hippy bashing here- just a stereotype… anyone with me? (I have hippy tendencies myself: semi–vegetarianism and a desire to wash my hair as few times as possible. Oh, and the fact that my sister is a complete hippy kind of give me the “in” to say less than PC things about the non-athletic bicycling community in general… right?)



Isn’t my sister the loveliest hippy you have ever laid your eyes on? I happen to think so but I am also REALLY BIASED and think she is the shiz!

Anyway, back on topic. There isn’t anything like getting on a human-powered pedal-driven mode of transportation, hitting the road and being one with nature (see? Hippy-esc). However, can’t we make this experience a little more chic? I am a sucker for a man in a suit so if we are in agreement please enjoy the following…



Maybe these fellas aren’t your idea of dateable but they somehow seem kind of European and intellectual (maybe it’s the lack of socks and square glasses?). I wouldn’t mind having a chat with them- in a non-romantic 'how do you feel about the current state of the economy' kind of way. Nevertheless, this idea of bike meets suit is lovely. The question is of functionality. I could never imagine a Texan riding their bike to work in a suit. The theory is a good one but it is indisputable that you will 100% for sure show up drenched in sweat if you make it to the office without getting hit by a car. Thus, we can leave this muse to the French and those without 9am meetings downtown.

Interesting fact: there are about one BILLION bikes worldwide- twice as many as automobiles. Hm, go green!

Here is a little interior design nugget I came across and found rather fitting for the topic.

I love the pop art and simplistic feel of this picture. Indeed a focal piece for a room and an interesting way to remember a good trip- perhaps a conversation starter? Makes me wonder ‘HOW WAS Cape Code in the Summer of 2006’…

I'm listening to some obvious tunes for this occasion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTPLUcQAjk
and...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afX6VYn48KE

XOXO
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment