Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love. Wear. Return.

Rent the Runway fixes the 'I have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear'. They provide girls with the dream closet- a new designer dress and jewels for every occasion.






I've been told about this company for some time now and finally had an occasion to use thier services. D's best friend's fancy engagement party (Congrats Nathan and Bekah!). The party was at a very nice restaurant in Dallas and seems like a great excuse to try out RTR.


I got online, selected the date I needed the dress, the occasion, price range, length and neckline preference. Picked a couple dresses (okay, maybe not a couple, more like 15 dresses), and got some feedback from my favorite girls at work.




This one was the winner:Price: This designer dress (normally out of my price range) rented for 4 days at $50 (8 day rentals are also available). The company includes insurance in the rental cost for those possible mishaps (i.e. wine spills, make-up smudges, etc.).


Size: Reviews from previous renters let you know if they felt the dress ran small/big/true to size to help you figure out what dress to get. The company will send you a second sizes for the same price in case you are worried about it being to big/small - great idea. The dress I rented was reviewed at 'true to size', so I ordered my usual size.


Receiving the dress: The package was delivered exactly when they said it would be. The dress was placed nicely on a hanger within a garmet bag, so I hung it up to let the wrinkles fall out before the party.

Extra goodies came with it: return instructions, the perfect fit kit (i.e. double sided tape), and make-up remover. Then, they send you a prepaid package to send the rented dress back in! Uh, genious.


The dress fit perfect thanks to the helpful reviews!
We were having so much fun we didn't really snap any pictures of the dress at the engagement party. Can you say party foul?


The return process was super easy since the package was provided. I just put the dress back on the hanger/garmet bag, into the package and to the nearest mail box on the return date. They take care of the washing.


I'll definately use this company again for my next special occasion.

1 comment:

  1. love it! so glad you posted your review!

    ReplyDelete